Message from Headteacher
Welcome to Florendine Primary School.
We work extremely hard at Florendine to provide the best educational experiences for your child. The children and adults that make up our school community take great pride in our school. We can promise you a caring environment, with an experienced and dedicated team of teachers and support staff, which has been identified as strength of our school.
You are assured of a warm welcome, an open door approach and a group of people who are always willing to take the time to talk to you about your concerns.
Our mission statement is “The care, support and development of the independent child”.
At this time of rapid and demanding change in education, our continuing commitment is:-
Working co-operatively as a school community to ensure that the best outcomes for our children are achieved!
Our underpinning values remain;
- Enjoying school and achieving our potential
- Making informed choices and doing the right thing.
- Facing challenges with confidence and learning from our mistakes.
- Working together to overcome problems.
- Working with independence, resilience and pride.
- Develop and demonstrate skills and attitudes that will allow them to participate fully in and contribute positively to life in modern Britain.
In this context, we aim to provide a curriculum which equips our children to meet the changing needs of their future and prepares them for their life as a responsible global citizen.
These are the values and beliefs that shape our common philosophy and approach in everything we do as a school.
We believe that all children have the potential to achieve great things and that we have a responsibility to instil in our children a sense of pride in who they are, how they act and what they accomplish. It is this responsibility that shapes the way we do things at Florendine.